What is blockchain? How does blockchain work? What is Ethereum? What are smart contracts? What is a Dapp? What makes Ethereum different to Bitcoin? What is it used for?
Ethereum is a 2nd generation Blockchain since it offers its users more tools to run decentralized applications on Ethereum, which are enabling the Web3, the decentralized internet without central authorities.
This course is an introduction to blockchain in general with special emphasis on the next generation blockchain Ethereum. We will show you how blockchain works and give you an overview of the possibilities offered through smart contracts based on the Ethereum Virtual Machine. In this half-day workshop we´re explaining you the ecosystem of blockchain, it´s possibilities and give a tour through the approximately 800 dApps which are currently out there deployed or in development.
Depending on your interest we´re giving a selection of use-cases and for developers insights into tools and setup. Both executives and developers will benefit from an general understanding how Ethereum is developing, how smart contract run and various features of the Ethereum environment.
What is Ethereum?
- Ethereum is currently the most mature general-purpose Blockchain to develop decentral application
- Ethereum is an open-source platform that enabled already a growing number of hundreds of dApps, many ICOs and attracts companies to join their Ethereum Enterprise Alliance facilitates the development of next-generation decentralized applications
- With its turing-complete code it can be used for financial and non-financial types of uses and their smart contracts can cover applications from conditioned transactions to complex decentral autonomous organizations
- It is a general-purpose, global blockchain that can govern both financial and non-financial types of application states.
- It is currently the most mature and widespread smart contract platform
Why is it Business Relevant?
- With its Enhanced Crowdfunding capabilities called via Initial Coin Offerings (ICO), which attracted $327m market capitalization and surpassed the Venture Capital cap of $295 in July 2017
- Standardization of Standardized digital currencies (ERC-20 Standard) help to accelerate innovation
- Decentralized global autonomous organization are proposing a new level of repetitive automation and workforce
- The decentral storage of data makes hacking nearly impossible and protects user data Increase Protective Measures around Online Consumer Data
- Ethereum and similar Blockchains is becoming an foundation technology impacting industries, government and society
- Ethereum enables innovation via decentralized applications, equally touching industry, government and society segments
Goals of Workshop
- Understanding and participating in the largest smart contract ecosystem, which is currently attracting skilled talents all over the world
- Learn, how the Ethereum transaction ledger can be used to securely execute a wide variety of services
- Spur business and societal innovation at the global level, while opening the door to a new class of applications
- Design and issue your own cryptocurrency
- Decision makers and developers with interest to investigate the disruptive potential of the Ethereum blockchain
- No prior Blockchain experience needed
- Introductory level
- max. participants: 20
This workshop focuses on Blockchain applications based Ethereum
- Introduction to Blockchain & Ethereum
- From Bitcoin to Ethereum, Consensus mechanisms, Basics
- Tooling & Infrastructure
- The different clients, public and private networks, different consensus mechanisms
- Solidity Introduction
- Basic syntax, basic control structures, EVM, compiler, opcodes, turing complete, yet another language?
- Currencies on Ethereum
- ERC-20 Standard, Securitized Fiat, own crypto asset, ICO